GENERAL LEGAL RESOURCES
- Washington Courts
- Idaho Courts
- Montana Courts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Washington State Bar Association
- Spokane County Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar
- State Bar of Montana
- American Bar Association
- Use the Washington Contractor Search offered by the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries to look up contractors or tradespeople and make sure they’ve met all licensing and other legal requirements for operating in Washington.
- The Inland Northwest Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America is a leading national construction trade association representing all facets of commercial construction on behalf of contractors.
- The Inland Pacific Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. is part of a national construction trade association representing construction and construction-related firms in all specialties in the construction industry with a focus on the industrial and commercial sectors.
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries is a diverse state agency inspecting workplaces for safety hazards, enforcing labor laws, overseeing workers’ compensation, regulating trades and professional licenses, and more.
BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LINKS
- The Corporations Division of the Washington Secretary of State provides you with a means of searching for corporations registered with the Secretary of State, including the names of officers and directors. The ability to order corporations documents and certificates is also among the services provided here.
- The Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner provides access to laws and regulations and information and services for consumers, agents and brokers, and insurance companies.
- Search for business entities in Idaho on this page from the Idaho Secretary of State.
- The Montana Secretary of State also hosts a Business Entity Search and provides links to download corporate records and other business entity information, search for officers/directors and registered principals of a business, and order certified copies of corporate records.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the largest business federation in the world, representing 3 million business of every size and in every sector and region.
- The Better Business Bureau works to set standards for trust in the marketplace and denounce substandard marketplace behavior.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulates and oversees the U.S. securities markets and is charged with protecting investors as part of its mandate.
- The options and futures markets in the U.S. are regulated by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission.
- The federal government’s finances are managed by the U.S. Treasury, while the Federal Reserve (The Fed) acts as the nation’s central bank, seeking to keep the country’s financial and monetary system stable, safe and flexible
- The Washington Real Estate Commission seeks to promote and protect the interests licensees and consumers through the fair development and administration of real estate licensing laws and regulations. Other state counterparts include the Idaho Real Estate Commission and the Montana Board of Realty Regulation.
- Those who manage or govern condominiums, homeowners associations, and other planned communities can find education materials, tools and resources at the Community Association Institute.
- Real estate management professionals may find helpful information at the Institute of Real Estate Management.
- Prospective homeowners may wish to visit the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for assistance in finding affordable housing.